Recipe courtesy of Matthew Kadey, Muffin Tin Mania.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs at high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and continue to beat until mixture is very foamy and pale in color. With the mixer running, drizzle in the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Fold in rosemary. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and combine gently.
- Divide batter among 12 medium muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
Chef’s Note: These individual California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil breads are very light and have just the perfect touch of rosemary. They make a perfect side-kick to a hearty fall soup and probably would be a great addition to the Thanksgiving table. Instead or rosemary, I think you could also go with nutmeg as a flavoring agent with delicious results. Because eggs are a big part of this recipe, next time I would even grease the silicon muffin cups to help cut down on sticking. These are a good candidate for a fanciful paper liner.