Gluten-Free Pumpkin Corn Muffins
Recipe reprinted with permission. Karina’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free Recipes http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
- 3 large organic free-range eggs or Ener-G Egg Replacer for 2 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup organic light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup organic stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy, and add the oil; whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Pumpkin Pie Spice and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, pancake mix, baking powder, and sea salt. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter. Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the twelve muffin cups.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or so, until the muffins are firm to the touch and golden. Check with a wooden pick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the muffins are done. Place muffin pan on a wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin and place back on wire rack to continue cooling. Serve warm.
- Store leftover muffins (wrapped and bagged) in the freezer. Thaw and reheat by toasting or grilling.