Recipe courtesy of www.SnakeRiverFarms.com
- 1 Snake River Farms Center Cut Tenderloin Roast (approx. 2 lbs)
- 3 Tbs California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus another ¼ cup for basting
- 8 slices Snake River Farms Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs fresh ground black pepper
- A bundle of fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary and sage tied together
- Preheat oven 400’f.
- Warm cast iron skillet over a med-high flame. Season tenderloin with salt and pepper. Add a “ring” of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to the pan; sear roast on all sides until nicely browned; remove from pan. Place bacon strips in lattice pattern across top of roast. Place herb bouquet on bacon and wrap with twine, securing the bacon and herbs.
- Place roast in 400’f oven. Baste with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil every 10 minutes for first 30 min. Reduce temperature to 350’f, continue roasting 10-15 mins or until instant read thermometer reaches 135’f. Remove from oven, rest for 8-10 minutes prior to carving.