Recipe and photo courtesy of Ryan Prewitt of Peche
- About 20 large shrimp
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus more to finish
- 20 chilies, mix of medium and mild
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced thickly
- 1 tsp freshly dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- Peel the shrimp, removing the shell and tail but leaving the heads on.
- Preheat an oven to 475 or as high as your oven will reasonably get.
- Toss the shrimp with the chilies and garlic in a bowl. Season with the salt, pepper and oregano. Let sit at room temperature until the oven is hot.
- Place 2 large cast iron pans, 12-14 inches each, in the oven for 30 minutes while the oven heats up.
- Carefully remove the cast iron pans from the oven and pour an even amount of shrimp and peppers in each one. Make sure the shrimp and chilies are evenly spaced on the bottom of the pan. If all of the chilies do not touch the bottom, it’s no problem.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and firm. Adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Squeeze lemon over the shrimp and drizzle with more California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.