Recipe courtesy of Muir Glen Organic
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- Hot cooked rice, if desired
- Plain yogurt, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, gingerroot and curry powder in oil about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- 2 Stir in chick peas and tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- 3 Serve over rice; top each serving with yogurt.