Recipe courtesy of Karin Calloway
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 1-inch thick tuna steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 medium new potatoes, scrubbed well
- ½ pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, for potatoes and asparagus
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens, washed and dried
- 10 cherry tomatoes, washed
- 10 Nicoise or Greek olives
- Whisk together lemon juice, salt, Dijon mustard, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place tuna steaks in a zip-top plastic bag and add ½ cup of the lemon juice mixture. (Reserve the remaining vinaigrette to dress the salad greens.) Squeeze bag to distribute marinade evenly around steaks. Let sit at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Add a dash of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Slice potatoes into ½ inch thick slices. Brush both sides of the potatoes with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the asparagus spears with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat range-top grill on high setting for 5 minutes. (Or pre-heat outdoor grill to high). Remove steaks from marinade and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place the sliced potatoes and asparagus spears on the grill and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Line serving plates with the mixed greens.
- Add the capers and chopped basil to the reserved vinaigrette.
- Top the greens with the grilled asparagus, new potatoes and tuna steaks. Distribute the cherry tomatoes and olives evenly around plate and top with the vinaigrette.