Recipe courtesy of Anolon Gourmet Cookware
- 4 Tbl California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbl fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbl Fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 (4 rib) Standing rib roast 8-9 pounds, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the oil, mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture over rib roast and set roast in a large roasting pan; let stand 30 minutes.
- Set roasting pan in center of the oven. Roast beef until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 125°F-130°F for medium rare, 2 hours-2 hours 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil; let stand 20 minutes before slicing.