Recipe courtesy of Chef Tony Polito
- 1 turkey, cut into pieces (8 to 10 lbs)
- 4 large limes, juiced
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 20 oz. tomato sauce, seasoned with herbs
- 2 T. rosemary
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ large Spanish onions, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 4 large carrots, cut and cubed
- 2 large potatoes, cut and cubed
- The night before, combine in a large glass bowl ingredients 1 to 8 and toss well with ½ cup of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Another alternative is to do this process before the cooking takes place (four hours minimum).
- Transfer ingredients to an oven-safe pot or pan and add onions. Cover with foil to help retain juices. Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 1½ hours.
- Check to make sure the juices are not overflowing, and adjust remaining time if needed. A good rule of thumb is 12 minutes per pound. Once the turkey is nearly done, add the carrots and potatoes. Continue to cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- Uncover and broil until golden brown on top. Your end result will be a juicy turkey dinner that can be enjoyed with any side dish.