- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 bunch rapini (about 1 lb.), roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- Bring an 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil. Add rapini and boil until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer rapini to a large bowl of ice water; chill. Drain rapini, pat dry, and set aside.
- Heat the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add chile flakes and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add rapini, toss, and remove pan from heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer pasta and lemon zest to reserved skillet over high heat. Toss to combine and season with salt. Divide pasta between bowls and add a dollop of goat cheese to each.