- 3 tablespoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Grande Whole Grains
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, baby portabella or white
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 oz steamed stir fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In a large sauce pan add 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and Grande Whole Grains, stir to coat. Cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cover, cook one hour our until liquid is absorbed.
- About 10 minutes before grains are done, add 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts . Cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, sesame oil and soy sauce. Lower heat to simmer. Stir in stir fry vegetables and Grande Whole Grains. Cook 2 minutes stirring until thoroughly mixed. Garnish with sliced almonds.
For more great recipes, visit the Miss in the Kitchen blog!