Oven-Roasted Root Vegetables
Recipe from Colorado Classique: A Collection of Fresh Recipes from the Rockies by the Junior League of Denver (Wimmer Cookbooks, 2009)
- 3-4 yams, sweet potatoes, or kumara, peeled
- 1-2 large parsnips, peeled
- 4-8 baby turnips, peeled
- 1 bunch medium beets, peeled
- 4-6 slender carrots, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1 whole head garlic, separated into cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut all vegetables, on the diagonal, into 1 ½-inch chunks. Spread all cut vegetables, garlic, and rosemary springs in a single layer in a large baking dish or on a couple of baking sheets. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and toss with hands to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.