Peach Panzella Salad
For the Salad
- 4 cups of bread, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp salt
- 5 oz arugula, roughly 6 cups
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 large peaches, sliced
- 10-15 basil leaves, cut into small strips
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large fry pan over medium heat add 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Let oil warm for 60 seconds and then add the bread, mixing rapidly to coat the bread with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the salt evenly over the bread cubes. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until bread is golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, add tomatoes, peaches basil, and arugula to a large salad bowl.
- In a small container combine 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Add toasted bread to the salad and toss gently to combine. Add dressing and toss again. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes prior to serving to allow the bread to absorb moisture.
Tip: For added richness, after toasting the bread, use the same pan over medium low heat to gently warm the peaches. Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring gently every 2-3 minutes.