- 1 teaspoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small pomegranate
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 large Bosc pears, sliced
- 4 ounces pecorino cheese, sliced
- Heat the 1 teaspoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over high heat for 1 minute in a medium nonstick skillet. Add the pumpkinseeds and toss in the pan until the seeds are popping and browning, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the brown sugar, tossing continuously until seeds are coated with melted sugar (careful—it will burn easily). Quickly mix in chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt, then spread the mixture on a plate to cool. Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week until ready to use.
- In a food processor, mince the garlic and mint (if using). Add the pomegranate juice concentrate, lemon juice, honey, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pulse to mix. With the machine running, gradually drizzle in the 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Set the dressing aside.
- Cut through the skin of the pomegranate from stem to tip, dividing the fruit in quarters. Hold it over a bowl and pull apart the sections, then tear apart the pieces, gently freeing the seeds. Slice across the Romaine leaves into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange the greens on plates or in a large bowl. Top with the shallots, pears, and cheese. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with pomegranate seeds and pumpkinseeds. Serve immediately.