Recipe developed by Jennifer Farley of Savory Simple
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 can Muir Glen Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more as needed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 slice pita bread, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup Mariani Premium Dried California Apricots
- baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Farro, cooked
- 1/4 cup Zürsun Idaho Heirloom Cannellini Beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons black kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese. crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drain whole peeled tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice from the can. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise and gently squeeze out some of the juice and seeds. Place the tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet and lightly coat them with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring the tomatoes halfway through to prevent sticking.
- In a blender, add the roasted tomatoes, 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, reserved tomato juice, sea salt and a few shakes of black pepper. Puree until smooth (note: the vinaigrette will separate with time so leave it in the blender and mix again right before serving).
- Place the pita bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with a bit of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle some salt on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven until crisp, approximately 10 minutes.
- Reconstitute the apricots in hot water until they soften slightly, 5-10 minutes. Julienne the apricots into thin slices. Spread a generous portion of baby arugula on 2 plates. Top with the apricots, pine nuts, farro, beans, olives, mint and feta cheese.
- Drizzle roasted tomato vinaigrette on each salad before serving.