Recipe printed with permission from Chef Suzanne Goin, Sunday Suppers at Lucques (Alfred A. Knopf, 2010)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 12 fresh figs, stems removed and cut in half
- 7 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe nectarine
- 1 ripe peach
- 2 ripe plums
- 1/2 basket (about 1 cup) blackberries or Persian mulberries
- 8 ounces arugula, cleaned and dried
- 1/2 lemon, for juicing
- 2/3 cup Marcona almonds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the shallot, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, and let sit 5 minutes.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound three fig halves to a coarse purée. Transfer the fig purée to the shallot mixture, and whisk in the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Taste for balance and seasoning.
- Cut the nectarine, peach, and plums in half and remove the pits, and cut them into quarter-inch-thick slices. Place the sliced fruit, remaining figs, and berries in a large bowl. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the fruit, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the arugula, sprinkle in some more salt and pepper, and taste for seasoning, adding more vinaigrette and a squeeze of lemon if needed. Arrange on a large chilled platter, and sprinkle the nuts on top.