Shrimp with Tokyo Turnips and Daikon
- 1 lb Ruby Red Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 spring Thyme
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, leaves and stems separated
- 8 Tokyo Turnips, peeled and quartered
- 8 Red Radishes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup Daikon, peeled and cut into thick round coins
- 2 cups Dashi
- 2” by 4” piece Kombu, from making dashi cut into strips
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cup Sake
- Warm the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil with ginger, garlic, and thyme to 125F.
- Submerge shrimp in the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp has reached desired consistency.
- While the shrimp is poaching, cover the turnips, radish, and daikon in dashi and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a separate pan, submerge the kombu strips in soy sauce, mirin, sugar and sake. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the Swiss Chard leaves and cMombine all ingredients into a warm salad.