Summer Vegetable Chicken Saute
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash and/or zucchini
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon minced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; submerse beans in enough ice water to cover and let stand until cool. Drain again; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, heat the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. In a large bowl, toss chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to hot oil in skillet; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Do not overcrowd the pan or the chicken will not brown. Cook the chicken in batches if necessary. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add squash to the skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, green beans, cannellini beans, chicken broth, and garlic. Bring to boiling. Add tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook about 1 minute or until heated through.