Tomato, Blue Cheese and Prosciutto Bruschetta
- 1/3 cup juice reserved from canned tomatoes (below)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 loaf baguette French bread
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® Organic or Meridian Ruby™ diced tomatoes, drained and 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 package (5 oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 packages (3 oz ea) prosciutto or thinly sliced dry cured ham, cut into strips
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix sweet and sour sauce ingredients. Simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce coats back of spoon.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut bread into 1-inch slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush both sides of each bread slice with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil; sprinkle 1 side of each with pepper. Toast in oven 5 to 7 minutes or until light brown.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon drained tomatoes onto each toasted bread slice; top with crumbled blue cheese and prosciutto strips. Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce.