Tuscan-Style Porterhouse for Two
- 2 (1½ to 2-pound) porterhouse steaks
- 2 Tbsp. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sea salt, or to taste
- 1½ Tbsp. freshly ground coarse black pepper, or to taste
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Remove steaks from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling. Rub both sides of steaks with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high; clean and oil grates to prevent sticking. Place each steak onto hot oiled grill; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Without turning, rotate steaks 90 degrees and continue cooking until meat is seared and crusty on outside, about 2 to 3 minutes more; this will produce beautiful crosshatch grill marks.
- Turn steaks over, and repeat process for other side. For best results, cook to an internal temperature of 130 to 135°F for medium-rare or an internal temperature of 120 to 125°F for rare.*
- Remove steaks from grill, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice steaks across grain, then shingle slices on heated dinner plates. Drizzle with additional California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and garnish with lemon wedges; serve immediately.