Recipe courtesy of Chef Tony Polito
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- ½ cup dry cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel squash and remove ends. Cut the squash in half so that you have a flat bottom. Stand it up and with your knife and remove the first layer of skin. Once completed, slice squash in ½ inch pieces and then chop in small cubes. Just pick a size you like and go with it.
- Add spanich onion, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, rosemary, cranberries, salt, pepper and toss well. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Gently toss with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and plate. Garnish with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.