Recipe courtesy of Easy Green Organic by Anna Getty (Chronicle Books, 2010). Reprinted with permission from the publisher.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 small English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Put the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse for 1 minute. Transfer to a small pot and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool. When the quinoa is cool, add the pine nuts, cranberries, cucumber, feta cheese, and parsley and toss to mix well.
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a jar. Close the lid and shake until mixed and the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice have emulsified. Season with salt. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix until well coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.