Reprinted with permission from Food52
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley”
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Trim tough stem and core from cauliflower and discard. Using a paring knife, cut cauliflower into smaller spears. Place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Spread cauliflower out on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets. Roast until edges start to brown, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add panko and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to coat in California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until bread crumbs are golden. Add lemon zest and garlic and toss until mixture is very fragrant and bread crumbs are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Place in a medium bowl and add parsley, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and place on serving platter. Top with bread crumbs and serve immediately.