Recipe by Janelle Maiocco from Talk of Tomatoes
- 4 Tsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & coarse pepper
- 4-5 cloves crushed/minced garlic
- 10 basil leaves, cut in chiffonade with scissors
- 10 Roma tomatoes, cut in half the long way, seeds removed
- Small pinch sugar
- Optional: Thyme or Oregano
- Preheat oven to 200, line baking sheet with foil and add 2-3 Tsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to foil. Add garlic, salt and pepper and herbs to oil, then spread around on foil. Cut romas in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and place face down in oil and herbs. Brush tops of romas with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and sugar.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours, flipping tomatoes halfway through; open oven briefly every 30 minutes to release excess moisture.