Recipe courtesy of Anna Getty, Easy Green Organic (Chronicle Books, 2010). Reprinted with permission from publisher.
For the Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium garnet yams, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick strips
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt for sprinkling
For the Maple Barbecue Sauce
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- To make the fries, put the yams in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix together the cumin, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, and salt. Pour the mixture over the yams.
- Using your hands, toss thoroughly until the yams are evenly coated. Add the parsley and mix well. Arrange the yams in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are brown and potatoes are cooked through.
- To make the sauce, mix the maple syrup and barbecue sauce together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the fries with sea salt and serve immediately with the sauce on the side.