Recipe courtesy of Chef Ray Garcia, FIG Restaurant, Santa Monica, CA
- 3½ oz. red quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 oz. haricots verts
- ½ Granny Smith apple
- 2 oz. Swiss chard
- 2 oz. butternut squash
- 1 oz. almond flakes
For the Orange-Blossom Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup orange blossom honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Simmer and reduce orange juice by one-third. Allow to cool. When orange juice has cooled, mix all ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock and a spring of rosemary. When cooked, drain the quinoa and toss with a little California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut butternut squash into ½ inch cubes and roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Saute apples, Swiss chard and blanched beans.
- Mix roasted squash and sauteed ingredients with quinoa and dress with vinaigrette. Garnish with toasted almond flakes.