Wild Rice Farro Corn Cakes
Recipe and photo courtesy of Amy Goetz and Lunds/Byerly’s
Wild Rice Farro Corn Cakes:
- 1 (8 ounce) package Lunds and Byerly’s wild rice farro blend
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and smashed
- 1 cup fresh corn (about 1 ear of corn, cut kernels off cob)
- 1 cup Lunds and Byerly’s porcini panco bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Lunds and Byerly’s red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon country style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped and smashed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients in a lidded jar and shake to emulsify. Set aside.
- Cook rice blend according to the directions on the package. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the scallions and garlic. Remove from heat and stir in corn, panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add the rice mixture and stir. Mash mixture with side of spoon or potato masher until the mixture holds together, about one minute. Shape mixture into 6-8 patties.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook corn cakes, 3-4 at a time, for 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to a place and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining corn cakes.
- To serve, drizzle corn cakes with vinaigrette. Reserve extra vinaigrette for salads.