Zesty Dijon Dressing
- 6 Tablespoons California Olive Ranch Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped fine
- Pinch each of fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt for seasoning
- Combine all ingredients except for the oil in a stainless non-reactive bowl.
- Whisk to dissolve salt.
- Slowly drizzle in California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve immediately or store chilled.
Chef’s Note: This simple to prepare dressing is a spin on the classic vinaigrette. It goes great with salad, but could also be tossed with baby carrots and shallots roasting in the oven, or poured over a sauté of spinach and other greens to make a flavorful cooked dish. It also makes for a wonderful seasoning/marinade for grilled flank steak.