Most people have been spending a lot more time at home the past few weeks, and for our team that means more time in the kitchen. Here are a few of the recipes our team has been raving about.
Olive Oil Cornbread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 1 and ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt
- Mix together the eggs, honey, jalapeno jelly, almond milk and extra virgin olive oil
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Oil a bread pan before pouring the mixture in
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour ½ cup of crepe batter into the pan, tilting it to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Add your favorite ingredients to make it savory or sweet.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5 ½ cups water, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Recipe from Food52
- Warm the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Swear the onion in the olive oil over low heat without letting it brown, about 15 minutes
- Add the cauliflower, salt, and ½ cup water. Raise the heat slightly, cover the pot, and stew the cauliflower for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender. Add another 4 ½ cups hot water, bring to a low simmer, and cook an additional 20 minutes uncovered.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender to a smooth, creamy consistency. Let the soup stand for 20 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Thin the soup with ½ cup of hot water. Reheat the soup.
- Serve hot, drizzled with a stream of extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
We’d love to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to tag us @caoliveranch and use #myCORkitchen for a chance to be featured on our page!