Focaccia with Garlic Dipping Oil
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- 6 Tbsps California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaky sea salt
- In a stand mixer, combine flour and 1 1/4 cups of water. Beat with the dough hook until well combined. On the side, combine yeast, honey and 1/4 cups of water in a small mixing bowl. Mix and let stand for about five minutes until the surface of the liquid bubbles. Add yeast mixture, kosher salt, and garlic powder to the mixer and beat until well combined.
- Coat the inside of a large mixing bowl with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and add the dough. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and allow to rise for about two hours.
- Coat a 9” x 13” sheet pan with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and pour the dough into the pan. Grease your hands and gently stretch the dough evenly to the edges of the pan. Cover the pan with a greased sheet of tinfoil or plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. With greased fingers, press into the dough to create deep dimples all over the surface. Drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and fresh thyme or rosemary. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until crust is deeply golden. Remove from the oven, let cool and remove bread from pan for serving. Season with additional flaky salt as needed and serve on its own or with garlic dipping oil.