Roasted Shallot–Sherry Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Strand, Salad Dressings (Chronicle Books, 2008)
Photograph by Maren Caruso
- 8 shallots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a small bowl, toss the shallots with 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Place the shallots in a pie tin, and roast them for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender. Cool.
Put the mustard, vinegar, zest, and parsley into a blender. Add four of the roasted shallots. Blend. Add the extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing emulsifies. Cut each of the remaining shallots in half, and add to the dressing. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.