Olive Oil Sugar Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking sodas
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Zest from 1 medium orange (about 1 teaspoon)
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl with a mixer until fluffy. Add in the sugar and orange zest and beat until well mixed and light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add in the egg, California Olive Ranch Olive Oil, and vanilla, mixing on low until everything has been incorporated.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together and add it to the wet mixture. Mix until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Wrap the finished dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight.
- Once the dough has been chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the dough on lightly floured parchment paper until it’s 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out your Halloween shapes.
- Carefully remove the shapes with a spatula and place them on a parchment lined baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes. Combine the remaining dough and roll it out again and repeat the process.
- Once frozen, bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. Top with icing if desired, or enjoy as in!